Gryffindogs - Intermediate Obedience
Intermediate Obedience class Information:
This class is ideal for padfoots who need some structure and discipline, and had previously had training. Obedience class is not designed to address or solve severe behavioral problems, rather we focus on getting reliable behaviour on commands. Enrollments can be done at any time and this course can be taken for as long as needed or until you have reached the desired results with your dog.
Time: Fridays @ 17:00-18:00
- Dogs of any age can join this obedience class provided they have had previous training.
- If your dog is younger than 8 months and had no previous training, please consider our Slobberin class.
- If your dog is older than 8 months and had no previous training, please consider our Ravenpaws class.
- Group classes are not suitable for aggressive, reactive, or extremely fearful dogs. We suggest private classes for these dogs.
- Your dog will need to have all its inoculations up to date in order to be accepted.
- Your dog will need to be free of ticks and fleas.
- We like to keep our classes small so that we give every muggle and doggo the attention they deserve, so book your space early.
What will we learn?
- We focus on getting reliable behaviour, even if there are other dogs or distractions in class.
- Focus for longer periods of time
- Walking on leash without pulling
- Road obedience
- Walking past other dogs politely
- Stays (with distractions)
- Emergency stop
- Reliable recall
- Distance commands
- Back it up
- Touch (recall game)
- Place (go to your bed)